Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dancing in the Rain - Get Moving

Happy Rainy Wednesday!

Though we all hate the rain, keep in mind that we are in a rain deficit and that some continuous rain is wonderful for us:
http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html
(I think this message is really for myself as, humorously, I am cranky about the rain today)

Anyway, I hope you having a wonderful weightloss week. One of our fellow members, Carolyn found the following information:
"Somehow I came across a free offer for workout music from Workoutmusic.com and Subway Restaurant. I had to give a valid email (which they only check for an email pattern-- XXXXXX@xxxx.xxx, so if you hate SPAM you can put a fake email in) I am sure they send you offers and bug you.
Anyway, the offer is for 12 free songs. The songs are not the original artist (the song sounds similar to the original artist ) the BPM are increased from the original. It looks like these are produced by the same folks who sell them on CD (You can find them at Walmart, etc)
I listened to a few of the songs and it seems like a great deal!
Now I need to make time to go to the gym and really test these songs!"

Fun new tools, like this, can help spark some great interest in activity. A very popular way to ramp up activity is Zumba. One of our Leaders, Angel, is leading this craze in the New River Valley and beyond. If you have the rainy day blues, I say go see what Zumba is all about. Her times and locations can be found at:
http://71933.zumba.com/

No comments: